Friday, July 22, 2011

Trash to Treasure

It's amazing the things you can find setting out at the road waiting to be collected. I found this bistro set last October and thought it would be a great project for the spring. It was several years old, had some rust issues and was just asking to be spruced up. The seats need to be replaced because the were rotting through, for me that was the hardest part. The frames and table needed a fresh coat of spray paint and they were almost as good as new. As for the cushions they needed a new base, new foam and new fabric. Thanks to my father in law being somewhat of a pack rat all I had to buy was the foam, fabric and an additional can of spray paint, total cost was $21.

The finished project with the new patio I put down. I love to have a place to watch my son play or have breakfast on a nice day and  most of all I love that for only $21 and a little elbow grease I can something that was once trash turned into something beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment