Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nap craft

I have to thank Pinterest for my next project(I spent way too much time gathering ideas). I needed something to hang at the bottom of my stairs and something that was cheap and easy to make. I picked up a frame at a thrift shop I pass everyday on my way to work for $1.49! I just sanded it lightly and spray painted it silver. If I can ever convince myself to spend $35 on just one roll of wall paper to put in frames, then I will have a nicely decorated living room. After the paint dried I sanded it  again just so some parts weren't so shiny. That was all accomplished while my little one took a nap, once he woke up the frame went in the closet to be finished when he went to bed. 
Before sanding and spray paint

Ready for twigs
I left my natural and didn't spray paint them. I think it looks more earthy that way. I flipped the frame over and laid out where I wanted to the twigs to go and just used hot glue to  keep them in place. I also used the hot glue to put the picture hangers on the back, mainly because I couldn't find the nails that went with them. The last thing to do was to hang it on the wall and I actually hammer it while T was sleeping; not a peep from him. 
I love how it turned out I just wish it was bigger! I think I still need something else at the bottom of the stairs, I was thinking along the lines of framed leaves or something like that. The project can be found at Cleverly Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment